Wednesday, July 29, 2009

pampered...


Last week, I was feeling a bit fried.  Completely exhausted, to be honest.  

Fortunately, after a small amount of prodding, Alex noticed and arranged for a bit of TLC for me. I was told to go to Tiber River (tiberriver.ca) on Academy.  It is so very lovely in there.  The woman at the reception desk is funny and friendly.  She knew who I was and related a great story about coming to our restaurant.  She was everything you want in a first-contact-with-the-public position.  I was led into the back room and given a fantastic pedicure.  My feet suffer from wearing high heels and running around the restaurant every day for hours.  It was exactly what I needed.  But, of course, Alex gilded the lily.  As I was sitting at my station, in walks Scott Bagshaw, the chef of Pizzeria Gusto.  He brought two plates with ridiculously delicious food: a shrimp appy and some bruschetta.  It was perfect.

Now, here's the thing about this experience: it was created by someone with a panache for service and delivered by two companies who clearly understand customer service.  I love that Alex thought to add the touch of food during the pedicure.  I love that Scott walked it over himself!  I love that every minute at Tiber River was serene and gentle and fun.  Even the camaraderie amongst the staff was palpable.  I love that the Tiber River staff offered to take my dishes back to Pizzeria Gusto (but I'm not that much of a princess, thanks)!  This few hours rejuvenated me (which was good 'cause we had a whopper of a catering job after this that I will blog more about later...) and led me to a moment of contemplating customer service.   As always, I am contemplating how to make ours even better.  

It is a good thing to feel taken care of; I hope to keep the good karma flowing.  

No comments:

Post a Comment