Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Taste of the Nation Part I

Tonight is Taste of the Nation.  I must confess I know little about what this function is or how it works but I do know it was a hoot last year so I'm glad to be going back.  Taste of the Nation is held at the Fairmont and the public buys tickets to come and eat little dishes made by local chefs. The money raised goes to provide food for people who are struggling with attaining the basic necessities.  I usually know much about the charities I give my money to but found myself along for the ride with this one.  One of my goals tonight is to find out more about it.

The event itself is a bit of an opportunity for the chefs to show off to each other so the food last year was pretty fantastic: my favourite was Barry saunder's foie gras cotton candy... yum!  Alex did marrow bones which went over surprisingly well.  This year we are doing thai mussels and pig snout salad - I love seeing the ladies all dressed up and being polite and trying Alex's food.  Speaking of all dressed up, again the pressure about clothing.  Hopefully I can figure out what to wear sooner rather than later...  Will update on what food we get to try!

No comments:

Post a Comment